Pepper Parsnip Soup
¼ cup olive oil
3 small onions roughly chopped
8 large parsnips, peeled & cut into chunks
3 sweet red peppers seeded & chopped
5 cups chicken broth/stock or vegetable stock.
¾ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and sauté for 2 min.
3. Add parsnips and cook for 5 min.
4. Add peppers and stir for 1 min.
5. Add broth, water and nutmeg
6. Simmer covered for 15 to 20 min. until parsnips are softened.
7. Put ½ the mixture in the blender
–Blend until smooth (remember to vent re: steam)
8. Repeat with remaining – reheat and serve.